Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Why Blog Now?

 Ive been meaning to write about this for a while now and just havent. And in the world of adoption anything could happen at anytime good or bad.I suppose its this way with all things really.

Ive wanted to blog not because we really need one more person out their talking,but more because maybe I can shed some light on a few things and ultimately encourage someone to not be intimidated by the pursuit and success of adoption. It is work, but no more than an actual pregnancy is how ive viewed it along the way.

Im also writing this because we have such a large number of people interested in whats happening,and to be totally honest somedays its exhausting emotionally. My husband and I are youth pastors of a good size church in Florida. Everyone is SO excited and they have invested a lot into us as well as into this adoption.But as things are getting more and more exciting i find myself at times getting pounded by an ocean of questions (Does that happen when you're pregnant? When? What? How was your appointment?When is your next appointment? Are you ready?) Im not used to this.

 I really had to spend a great deal of time the other day thinking this through. I want to blog because I enjoy writing,but also because as things progress along it would be better for me I think to refer people to read this for an update.Lets face it.Singing the A B C's can be sweet and fun,but if I had to sing them to half of all the people i was talking too, it wouldn't take long for those A B C's to loose some joy it had in the beginning. And as of recently I find myself so busy needing to inform others of whats happening than being able to really take my time and embrace this in my own way. I hope this will help me with that balance.
I want to document and record things as they are happening and look back at my words and emotion and remember.We are constantly drawing on the memories of Gods faithfulness. And I guess the way I see it is,it took a lot of trust to start this adoption and currently be to where we are now.So when this is all over (or just beginning) and I hold this baby in my arms what will I remember or draw from all weve gone through,that will be needed for what lays in store next?

No comments:

Post a Comment